I'm looking forward to switch to an EV which model is right for me ?

Electric vehicles / cars and all things related to EVs.
bmwgermanno1

I'm looking forward to switch to an EV which model is right for me ?

Post by bmwgermanno1 »

Im getting sick of spending £50 every couple of weeks here and there for transportation (BMW).

I'm looking for a low budget second hand EV. How is the second hand market ? Are the used EVs as good as their petrol counter parts ?

How are EVs at tackling hills ? My commute requires to get on and off a hilly areas where I work.

cheers
davidwilson

Re: I'm looking forward to switch to an EV which model is right for me ?

Post by davidwilson »

Right my first post lol

Hyundai Ioniq EVs are great cars for newbies. They have loads of space and are pretty cheap used.
toon1army

Post by toon1army »

I would look at the Nissan Leaf or an Golf they could be exactly you your looking for mate. :idea:
davidwilson

Post by davidwilson »

Yeah might I suggest Renault Zoe E-Tech electric range. I heard the Zoes were sold with a battery lease, so you paid a extra to Renault for the battery with a better warranty and guarantee against battery degradation.
Jetsetterdavis

Post by Jetsetterdavis »

I have just brought a Mii and I think EV's are probably fantastic for hills, you even get regenerative braking on some cars on the way down! The little Mii can really shift!

There is quite a lot of choice around, although EV's are expensive right now. My little Mii is probably a great commuter car, my husband is 6ft 2 and he fits in it.
It has quite the range. A VW E-up is probably a great one as well, it all depends on what you can afford and how far you need to go, what kind of charging you need to have as well.
bmwgermanno1

Post by bmwgermanno1 »

Jetsetterdavis wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:49 am I have just brought a Mii and I think EV's are probably fantastic for hills, you even get regenerative braking on some cars on the way down! The little Mii can really shift!

There is quite a lot of choice around, although EV's are expensive right now. My little Mii is probably a great commuter car, my husband is 6ft 2 and he fits in it.
It has quite the range. A VW E-up is probably a great one as well, it all depends on what you can afford and how far you need to go, what kind of charging you need to have as well.
Thanks for your suggestion Im big also, I hadnt considered the Mii ! Everytime I search for it It comes up with the Nintendo Mii and not SEAT MII :lol: